Wednesday, October 26, 2011

What are the blessings in your life?


What are the blessings in your life?  The things that seem so overwhelming and hard to bear alone.  Tears of pain or anger.  Possibly even both.  How is it that when the world says try this and all will be forgotten. No more heartache, pain, fear, or what ever it might be.  All these things and more are still just below the surface. Ready to come out at the next turn.  Wondering who will understand or truly care?  Is there really anyone who does?
I know with out any doubt there is!  That with out Christ I would have not been able to carry one.  Yet, it has not been easy. It has been anything but easy.  Have I come to a place of peace and calm.  I'm no were close to that.  Just ask those who have seen me struggle to find my way.  Struggling to even find some sort of calm even within myself.  Even when the struggle is with what is not known.
What is it then that can be considered a blessing?  The fight to become whole in Christ.  The tears shed for those taken by sickness or old age?  Knowing the love of a mother, grandmother, father, grandfather, and friends?  Yes!  The love of a God who understands. The gift of prayers answered.  In the most unexpected ways. 


No comments: